On-road Vehicles and Engines
On this page you will find links to information about highway vehicles including fuel economy, emission standards and regulations, emission recall programs, new vehicle certification and in-use vehicle compliance, inspection and maintenance programs, diesel retrofit programs, evaluating the benefits of inventions designed to reduce emissions, and importing vehicles to the United States.
EPA will be hosting a compliance workshop for all regulated industries including light-duty, heavy-duty and nonroad industry sectors. The workshop will be held May 14 – May 16, 2013. For more information, please see CD-13-08.
Agenda for Light-Duty Vehicle Compliance Center Workshop Tuesday, May 14, 2013 (PDF) (1 pp, 40K, May 2013)
- Presentation Materials for Light-Duty Vehicle Compliance Center Workshop (PDF) (624 pp, 627K, May 2013)
Agenda for Gasoline Engine Compliance Center Workshop Wednesday, May 15, 2013 (PDF) (1 pp, 40K, May 2013)
- Presentation Materials for Gasoline Engine Compliance Center Workshop (PDF) (77 pp, 616K, May, 2013)
Agenda for Diesel Engine Compliance Center Workshop Thursday, May 16, 2013 (PDF) (1 pp, 44K, May 2013)
- Presentation Materials for Diesel Engine Compliance Center Workshop (PDF) (124 pp, 748K, May, 2013)
Publications and Related Links:
- Recreational Vehicles: information about off-highway motorcycles, ATVs and utility vehicles
- Vehicle and Engine Emission Modeling Software
- Test Procedures and Laboratory Methods
- 2008 Progress Report: Vehicle and Engine Compliance Activities (PDF) (49 pp, 3.9MB, EPA-420-R-10-022, August 2010, About PDF)
- 2007 Progress Report: Vehicle and Engine Compliance Activities (PDF) (64 pp, 890K, EPA420-R-08-011, October 2008, About PDF)