You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
List of all Substitutes for Aerosols (5 pp, 102K)
Aerosols are substances stored under pressure and then released as a suspension of particles in air.
- Propellants propel out the pressurized contents of a container. SNAP has identified alternatives for CFC-11, HCFC-22, and HCFC-142b.
- Solvents are used to dissolve liquids or solids, particularly for cleaning. SNAP has identified alternatives for CFC-11, CFC-113, HCFC-141b, and methyl chloroform
- Questions & Answers about Aerosols Substitutes
- Questions And Answers About May, 2007 Proposed and Final Rules on n-Propyl Bromide (3 pp, 33K)
- The U.S. Solvent Cleaning Industry and the Transition to Non Ozone Depleting Alternatives (PDF, 73 pp, 563KB)
- This report serves as an objective assessment of progress toward using alternatives to ozone depleting substances (ODS).
- Aerosol Solvents and Propellants
- EPA/ICEL Solvent Reduction Manuals