EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
The Water Quality Protection Division of EPA Region 6 focuses its resources on protecting and preserving the aquatic ecosystems and water resources of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, as well as the Tribal lands located within our region. Our vision is to provide leadership and assistance to support protection and restoration efforts so that all waters in Region 6 meet all designated uses, and all citizens have access to safe drinking water. Working together, we will aggressively pursue our vision.
FY 2014 Performance Summary Report (PDF) (994.26KB,18pp)
Programs & Resources
- Oceans, Coastlines, Estuaries and Wetlands Ocean disposal, dredging, no discharge zones, estuaries & related habitat, regulatory programs.
- Total Maximum Daily Loads TMDL Program under section 303(d) of the Clean Water Act
- GreenScapes Program Provides cost-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for landscaping
- Educator Resources for teachers and students
- About Us Region 6's Water Division priorities for water protection and restoration.
- Surface Water Center Supports regional watershed protection and restoration efforts