EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
Water Conservation is the most cost-effective and environmentally sound way to reduce our demand for water. There are many effective ways to conserve water in and around your home.
Water Efficiency is the long-term ethic of conserving water resources through the employment of water-saving technologies. Using water efficiently will conserve supplies for future generations. Use the following links to learn how simple and smart it can be to save water.
- Benefits of Water Efficiency
- Use Your Water Sense
- Simple Steps to Save Water (PDF) (138KB, 2 pp)
- How to Conserve Water and Use It Effectively
Did You Know?
- Showering and bathing are the largest indoor uses of water domestically (27%).
- Take short showers instead of baths. A full bathtub requires about 36 gallons of water.
- An automatice dishwasher uses 9 to 12 gallons of water while hand washing dishes can use up to 20 gallons