You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Water Efficiency: Our Responsibility
Earth may be known as the "water planet" but even though about 70 percent of its surface is covered by water, less than 1 percent is available for human use. Water supplies are finite, and we can all help protect this critical and precious resource.
Products & Partnerships
WaterSense helps people save water with a product label and tips for saving water indoors and out. Products bearing the WaterSense label have been independently certified to perform well; help save water, energy, and money; and and encourage innovation in manufacturing.
WaterSense partners with manufacturers, retailers and distributors, and utilities to bring WaterSense labeled products to the marketplace and make it easy to purchase high-performing, water-efficient products. WaterSense also partners with professional certifying organizations to promote water–efficient landscape irrigation practices.
Making a Difference
Since the program's inception in 2006, WaterSense has helped consumers save a cumulative 757 billion gallons of water and more than $14.2 billion in water and energy bills.
Choose from the reports below to learn more about WaterSense program progress and achievements throughout the years:
- 2013 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (3 pg, 817.8K), 11"x17" (2 pg, 953.4K) or 8.5"x11" (4 pg, 1.37MB) for printing.
- 2012 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (3 pg, 3.7MB), 11"x17" (2 pg, 3.54MB) or 8.5"x11" (4 pg, 4.04MB) for printing.
- 2011 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (3 pg, 4.56MB), 11"x17" (2 pg, 3.98MB) or 8.5"x11" (4 pg, 4.56MB) for printing.
- 2010 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (6 pg, 926K)
- 2009 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (6 pg, 1.1MB)
- 2008 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (4 pg, 796K)
- 2007 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (4 pg, 452K)
- 2006 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (2 pg, 1.2MB)
- Methodology and Assumptions (PDF) (3 pg, 184K)