You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Ready to join WaterSense and access the free tools and resources the program offers? Please follow the steps below:
- Review the program guidelines (PDF) (42 pp, 283K) and eligibility requirements.
- Determine your partner type and use the procedures below to complete a partnership agreement.
- Submit your completed agreement online or in pdf form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (703) 841-1440
WaterSense Partner Types
- Complete a Builder Partnership Agreement online.
- Partnership pledge, terms, and conditions (2 pg, 54K).
Certified Irrigation Professionals
- Complete and sign a Certified Professionals Partnership Agreement (writeable PDF) (3 pp, 96K)
- Submit proof that you are certified through a WaterSense labeled certification program (copy of your certificate or renewal card, depending on certification—see Eligibility for more details).
Licensed Certification Providers
- A quality assurance designee from your organization must attend a certification provider training session conducted either by EPA or a WaterSense new homes program administrator. Contact a WaterSense new homes program administrator to find out about the next training opportunity.
- Apply to and receive documentation of approval from a WaterSense new homes program administrator.
- Complete and sign a Certification Provider Partnership Agreement (writeable PDF) (3 pp, 70K) and a Trademark License Agreement for Use of the WaterSense Mark (writeable PDF) (3 pp, 59K).
- Submit your completed documentation to WaterSense, including:
- Documentation of program administrator approval
- Signed Certification Provider Partnership Agreement
- Signed Trademark License Agreement For Use of the WaterSense Mark
- Contact information for designated quality assurance personnel
- Point of contact for the WaterSense web listing of licensed certification providers
- Complete a Manufacturers Partnership Agreement online.
- Partnership pledge, terms, and conditions (2 pg, 60K).
Professional Certifying Organizations
- Review the specifications for certification program and the application for the WaterSense label (PDF) (5 pp, 310K) to learn what criteria your program must meet.
- Submit a notification of interest in developing an application for the WaterSense label. WaterSense will contact you to learn more about your program and provide feedback.
- Apply to have your program labeled by WaterSense.
- After your program has earned the WaterSense label, complete and sign a Professional Certifying Organization Partnership Agreement (writeable PDF) (3 pp, 97K).
Retailers and Distributors
- Complete a Retailers and Distributors Partnership Agreement online.
- Partnership pledge, terms, and conditions (2 pg, 57K).
Utilities, Water Districts, Trade Associations, Nonprofit Organizations, and Government Agencies (federal, state, and local agencies)
- Complete a Promotional Partnership Agreement online.
- Partnership pledge, terms, and conditions (2 pg, 78.4K).