EPA Inventory of Aging Related Projects and Research Summary
This page will provide you with important resource information about the EPA, EPA's inventory of aging related research, and factsheets and other materials on various environmental hazards. It will also provide useful links to connect you to federal agencies, state, local and tribal organizations, and non-governmental organizations concerned about the environmental health of older Americans.
EPA Inventory Summary
EPA's Aging Initiative is building on research that has been done on environmental health hazards that affect the health of older Americans. In 2002 an inventory of past or ongoing projects was completed. This inventory included more than 75 research projects, of which 50 were completed by the Office of Research and Development.
Links to EPA Projects in the Inventory
The following items include a sampling of research included in the EPA inventory of research projects and activities that highlighted the health of older Americans.
- Pesticide Safety Tips (PDF) (2 pp, 20 K, About PDF)
- Communicating strategies to grocery consumers to reduce their dietary exposure to chemical pesticide residues while maintaining a healthy diet
- Exploration of Aging and Toxic Response Issues
- Lung injury from inhaled ultrafine particles in compromised rats of old
age: influence of priming and adaptation
- NERL Research Triangle Park Particulate Matter Longitudinal Panel Study (PDF) (2 pp, 188 K, About PDF)
- Relationship of ambient particulate matter to heart's rate variability and cardiac arrhythmias in elderly adults with coronary artery disease
- Studies of the Infectivity of Norwalk and Norwalk Like Virus