You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
EPA’s “Agriculture Regulatory Matrix”
EPA has created a regulatory matrix titled, "Major Existing EPA Laws and Programs That Could Affect Agricultural Producers" (PDF) (23 pp, 887K) that provides a succinct, general description of EPA’s requirements for both regulatory and voluntary programs. This compliance assistance tool should be used by agricultural producers, federal and state regulators, and third party information providers who provide information and services to agricultural producers.
Below is a list of major statutes containing the most important environmental requirements that affect the agricultural community. Select any of the following items for summaries, full text, links to related regulations, and other resource material relating to each statute.
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act
- Coastal Zone Act Reauthorization Amendments of 1990
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
- Food Quality Protection Act
- Oil Pollution Act
- Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA) and Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act (SBREFA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Toxic Substances Control Act