Clean Air Act Advisory Committee
Environmental Justice/ Permitting DocumentsEnvironmental Justice is one of Administrator Lisa P. Jackson's top priorities for EPA. Plan EJ 2014 is EPA's roadmap for carrying out the Administrator's priority.
As laid out in the ‘Plan EJ 2014 Considering Environmental Justice in Permitting’ draft implementation plan, EPA is examining ways to better integrate environmental justice considerations into the permits issued under the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws. A crucial step in this process is for EPA to get feedback from individuals and organizations that have experience and an interest in this issue on the focus and outcomes of the initiative. Accordingly, EPA had six Listening Sessions, organized by stakeholder group, to provide an opportunity for those stakeholders to express their views on the initiative.
- Session 1 State and Local Governments June 6, 2011(PDF) (41pp, 217k)
- Session 2 Business and Industry June 9, 2011(PDF) (23pp, 153k)
- Session 3 Environmental Groups June 9, 2011(PDF) (29pp, 171k)
- Session 4 Tribes Governments, Communities, Business June 13, 2011(PDF) (24pp, 154k)
- Session 5 Environmental Justice Communities and Community Groups June 13, 2011(PDF) (21pp, 147k)
- Session 6 Spanish Language June 13, 2011(PDF) (6pp, 87k)