Clean Air Act Advisory Committee
Voluntary Programs Work Group
This work group is currently inactive.
Voluntary partnerships and community-based programs are one of many tools OAR uses to protect public health and the environment. For over 20 years, OAR has used such programs to enhance and complement regulatory programs as well as to address significant problems that may not be amenable to traditional regulatory approaches. Varying in design and scope, these programs encourage and equip individuals, businesses, schools and other organizations to voluntarily achieve environmental results that might not otherwise be possible and foster a culture of going beyond the minimum requirements of law.
EPA has convened a small, fast-track workgroup under the auspices of the Clean Air Act Advisory Committee (CAAAC) to provide EPA with advice and recommendations regarding the strategic use and implementation of voluntary partnership and community-based programs to achieve EPA's Office of Air and Radiation (OAR) goals.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the Adobe PDF files on this page. See EPA's PDF page for more information about getting and using the free Acrobat Reader.
- EPA OAR Partnership Programs (PDF) (5pp, 102k)
- Description of OAR Partnership and Community Programs (PDF) (16pp, 180k)
- Guidelines for EPA Partnership Programs
- Design Guidelines (PDF) (55pp, 296k)
- Guidelines for Evaluating an EPA Partnership Program (interim) (PDF) (68pp, 1.7MB)
- Guidelines for Measuring the Performance of EPA Partnership Programs (PDF) (49pp, 1.15MB)
- Creating, Communicating, and Delivering Value (PDF) (66pp, 335k)
- Examples of Regional Voluntary Program
- Regional Links (PDF) (2pp, 17k)
Documents from Past Meetings
June 29, 2010
- Agenda (PDF) (1pg, 53k)
- Wood Smoke Attainment Strategies Residential Wood Smoke Program (PDF) (1pg, 16k)
- Transportation Program Regulatory Initiatives (PDF) (17pp, 174k)
- Partnership and Community-based Programs: Reducing health Risks Associated with Indoor Environments (PDF) (7pp, 263k)
- EPA Regional Office led Assistance Programs (PDF) (4pp, 41k)
- The SmartWay Transport Partnership (PDF) (7pp, 65k)