Laws and Regulations
Federal Rules - Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- 40 CFR Part 70 – State and local permitting authorities base their title V operating permits program on this rule. Please check with your State for the specific permitting rules that apply in that State.
- 40 CFR Part 71 – This is the rule we (EPA) use when we are the title V permitting authority; this occurs where a State or local title V permitting program does not exist, such as in Indian County.
Federal Law - Clean Air Act, as amended
Federal Register (FR) Notices - Operating Permits Rules
- Proposed and Final Rules, Revision/clarification Notices, Supplemental Notices, Extension Notices, Fact Sheets
FR Notices - Emissions Standards and Similar Rules
- Compliance Assurance Monitoring (CAM) Rule (PDF) – Final rule (10/22/97) for certain monitoring requirements that apply to many sources required to get operating permits.
- Proposed and Final Emission Standards and Similar Rules – Proposed and Final rule notices for most NSPS, NESHAP, and MACT standards that apply to particular source categories. Typically includes preambles and other supporting materials, such as response to comments documents.
- Laws and Regulations – EPA’s Primary Site for retrieving Federal Register notices, 40 CFR rules, and for similar research.