National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management
This award is EPA's highest recognition a program and its leaders can receive for delivering excellent environmental asthma management as part of their comprehensive asthma care services. Each year, EPA honors exceptional health plans, health care providers and communities in action.
EPA is committed to improving the lives of people with asthma by integrating sound science into effective public health programs. In addition to honoring program leader's achievements, the goal of the awards program is to showcase the highest standards in asthma care and management.
Consider applying, if your work:
- Addresses environmental triggers as part of a comprehensive asthma program?
- Fosters high-performing collaborations and partnerships?
- Improves the daily lives of those with asthma and their families?
The Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management is the nation's highest honor for programs helping people bring asthma under control. Winners will be recognized in May during Asthma Awareness Month. Winning this award is a sign of excellence and confirmation of success in helping people with asthma lead healthy, active lives.
Winners will receive:
- A place in the National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management Hall of Fame.
- An engraved, crystal award.
- Recognition on national websites, including www.AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org .
- Customized press kits, a descriptive snapshot of your program and support generating media attention.
- An opportunity to serve as mentors to help other programs achieve impactful results.
Read about the 2013 Award Winners. Health Care Provider Winners: Greenville Health System's Asthma Action Team, Greenville, SC and Parkview Health System, Fort Wayne, IN; Communities in Action Winner: North East Independent School District, San Antonio, TX
Get inspired! Watch the video below to see why you should apply.