State & Tribal Response Programs Publications
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- State Brownfields and Voluntary Response Programs: An Update from the States
- Tribal Brownfields and Response Programs: Respecting Our Land, Revitalizing Our Communities
- Revitalization in Indian Country: Petroleum Brownfields
- Past State and Tribal Publications
- 2013 State Brownfields and Voluntary Response Programs (PDF) (144 pp, 3M)
The "State Brownfields and Voluntary Response Programs: An Update from the States" report explores the evolving landscape of state environmental, financial, and technical programs, including the incentives designed to promote brownfields cleanup and redevelopment. This user-friendly tool looks at multiple components of state brownfields and voluntary response program(s), and provides a synopsis of each state's response program(s) and contact information.
- Report Introduction ( 6 pp, 412KB)
- Region 1 States ( 13 pp, 252KB)
- Region 2 States ( 7 pp, 214KB)
- Region 3 States ( 13 pp, 316KB)
- Region 4 States ( 17 pp, 531KB)
- Region 5 States ( 13 pp, 366KB)
- Region 6 States ( 13 pp, 408KB)
- Region 7 States ( 9 pp, 271KB)
- Region 8 States ( 13 pp, 446KB)
- Region 9 States ( 15 pp, 515KB)
- Region 10 States ( 11 pp, 238KB)
- Appendix ( 4 pp, 126KB)
- 2013 Tribal Brownfields and Response Programs (PDF) (116 pp, 3.33M)
The "Tribal Brownfields and Response Programs: Respecting Our Land, Revitalizing Our Communities" report explores how tribes are using U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) brownfields funding to address contaminated land in Indian country and discusses the challenges they face. It provides an historic overview of EPA's Brownfields Program, as it relates to tribes, and includes examples of tribal successes to both highlight accomplishments and serve as a resource for ideas, information and reference.
- 2011 State Brownfields and Voluntary Response Programs: An Update from the States (PDF)(126 pp, 3.3M)
- 2011 Tribal Brownfields and Response Programs: Respecting Our Land, Revitalizing Our Communities (PDF) (96pp, 5M)
- 2009 Revitalization in Indian Country: Petroleum Brownfields (PDF) (2 pp, 668K)
Publication Number: EPA-560-F-09-479
The Brownfields Program supports Tribal efforts to restore contaminated tribal lands to protect the community's health and the environment. Tribes can apply for Brownfields grants to support site assessments, site work on petroleum contaminated properties, as well as establishing or enhancing a tribal response program in Indian Country.