Burn Wise is a partnership program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that emphasizes the importance of burning the right wood, the right way, in the right wood-burning appliance to protect your home, health, and the air we breathe. Within this site you will find information for consumers to make informed decisions about what it means to burn wise. State and local agencies will discover ways to improve air quality in their communities through changeout programs and education. And partners will learn about how they can work with EPA to bring cleaner-burning appliances to market.
- Burn Wise revises guidance on How To Implement a Wood-burning Appliance Changeout Program
- Burn Wise releases EPA’s Guide to Financing Wood-burning Appliance Changeouts (PDF) (43pp, 296k)
- Webinar - Funding Options for Wood-burning Appliance Changeouts
- EPA Proposes Updates to Air Standards for Newly Manufactured Wood Stoves and Heaters. Learn More
- Burn Wise develops Health and Safety Awareness Kit for state, tribal and local areas to help reduce wood smoke pollution