Residential wood smoke is an issue in many tribal communities. Tribes that are considering a changeout campaign or wood smoke education intitiative will find informaton in this section to assist in their planning efforts.
Tribal Wood Smoke Brochure
Case Studies/Final Reports
- La Conner, WA - Swinomish Tribal Changeout (2007) (PDF) (3 pp, 69 KB)
- Makah Tribal Changeout Final Report (2008) (PDF) (17pp, 247k)
- Makah Tribal Changeout Final Report - presentation slides (2008) (PDF) (31pp, 695k)
- Nez Perce Tribal Changeout Final Report (2009) (PDF) (6pp, 46k)
- Measurable Outcomes of a Woodstove Changeout on the Nez Perce Reservation, University of Montana (2009) (PDF) (27pp, 304k)
- DOE's Tribal Energy Program - provides financial and technical assistance to tribes to evaluate and develop their renewable energy resources and reduce their energy consumption through efficiency and weatherization.
- EPA's Indoor Air Quality Tribal Partners Program - Provides information on how tribal communities can improve indoor air quality and examples of how other tribes have created sustainable community outreach and education programs.
- EPA's Tribal Air Website - Provides access to key information; promotes the exchange of ideas; and makes available relevant documents to all environmental professionals who live and work in Indian country.
- Wood Stove Changeout Guide
- Burn Wise Outreach Materials