Climate Change Indicators in the United States
The information on this website is drawn from the third edition of EPA's Climate Change Indicators in the United States (PDF) (112 pp, 24.1MB), published in 2014. This report presents 30 indicators, each describing trends related to the causes and effects of climate change. It focuses primarily on the United States, but in some cases global trends are presented to provide context or a basis for comparison. The online version is updated periodically as new data become available, and thus may differ from the printed version available below. You can find all the latest indicators using the tabs at the top of this Web page.
Get the Report
Order print copies or send inquiries by emailing: email@example.com.
- Full Report (PDF) (112 pp, 24.1MB)
- Technical Documentation (PDF) (279 pp, 2.8MB)
- Summary Brochure (PDF) (2 pp, 1.8MB)
- Large format, but can be printed on a single sheet by selecting "Fit to Page" in the print dialog.
- Fact Sheet: Summary of Key Points (PDF) (2 pp, 456K)
- Front cover, table of contents, and acknowledgments (PDF) (4 pp, 544K)
- Introduction (PDF) (4 pp, 2.1MB)
- Understanding Greenhouse Gases (PDF) (1 p, 78K)
- Summary of Key Points (PDF) (4 pp, 675K)
- Greenhouse Gases (PDF) (14 pp, 2.3MB)
- Weather and Climate (PDF) (18 pp, 5.5MB)
- Oceans (PDF) (12 pp, 2.9MB)
- Snow and Ice (PDF) (16 pp, 3.8MB)
- Health and Society (PDF) (12 pp, 2.8MB)
- Ecosystems (PDF) (14 pp, 4.9MB)
- Resources, endnotes, and back cover (PDF) (13 pp, 630K)
The 2014 edition includes four new indicators, updates and revisions to several existing indicators, and four “Community Connection” and “A Closer Look” features that have been added since the 2012 edition.
The second edition of EPA’s Climate Change Indicators in the United States report is available below.
The first edition of EPA's Climate Change Indicators in the United States report is available below.
For more information and/or to contact EPA about the Climate Change Indicators in the United States report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about environmental indicators, view EPA's Report on the Environment.