Center for Corporate Climate Leadership
Eligibility, Application Process, Evaluation Criteria, and Evaluation Process
Climate Leadership Awards
- About the CLA
- 2014 Award Winners
- 2013 Award Winners
- 2012 Award Winners
- Application Process, Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
- Frequent Questions
- Awards and Conference
- About the Partners
- CLA Webinar Slides: 2015 Categories, Criteria & Application Process
Applicants for all categories of the Climate Leadership Awards program must meet the following criteria as well as any additional eligibility requirements specified within each category.
- Applicants must have significant operations in the United States. Given the global nature of climate change, the majority of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions do not have to occur in the U.S.
- Finalists will need to pass an EPA compliance screen in order to be selected.
- Leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2012 and September 12, 2014 and must be currently active.
The application period opens on June 24, 2014 and closes on September 12, 2014, with an optional early bird application deadline of August 8, 2014, which is described below. Application forms are available on the corresponding web pages for each category. Applicants should fill out the form and submit it to email@example.com. The application form requires applicants to answer a set of questions specific to the awards category. Applicants are asked to review the step-by-step instructions on the category pages linked to below.
Early Bird Application Review
Early bird applicants will be afforded the opportunity to address any issues identified by the reviewers prior to the September 12th deadline. Fully completed applications received by the early bird application deadline of August 8, 2014 will be reviewed by the EPA, Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO), Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES), and The Climate Registry for clarity. All early bird applicants will be notified by August 22, 2014 of requests for clarifications. If clarifications are requested, the applicant has until September 12, 2014 to resubmit the application. Applications submitted after the early bird application deadline will not be reviewed in advance of the September 12, 2014 final deadline.
Evaluation Criteria and Applications
Evaluation criteria and applications differ by awards category. Please select from the following to learn more:
- Organizational Leadership Award
- Individual Leadership Award
- Supply Chain Leadership Award
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award)
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate)
- Innovative Partnerships Certificate
Applications will be reviewed by EPA, ACCO, C2ES, and The Registry in collaboration with independent committees of recognized experts. EPA will submit all applicants to a compliance review to ensure they are in good standing with EPA. Award recipients will be notified in December 2014 and will be recognized at the Climate Leadership Awards Dinner in early 2015, held in conjunction with the annual Climate Leadership Conference.