Criminal: Enforcement Map
This interactive map shows information on criminal enforcement cases from 2010. They include cases prosecuted by EPA under federal statutes and the U.S. Criminal Code, and cases in which EPA provided significant support to cases prosecuted under state criminal laws. The indicators on the map generally mark the location of the site where the violations occurred.
How to Use the Map
Add or subtract EPA enforcement cases to and from the map by checking or un-checking the box next to the program of interest (CAA, CWA, etc). Then zoom the map to an exact location by either entering a state, city, or zip code in the search box, or by utilizing the zoom bar in the upper left corner of the map. You may also click on the indicator to obtain additional information on the environmental enforcement case. See "Questions About the Maps" for additional information and needs accommodations related to a disability.
- CWA – Clean Water Act
- CAA – Clean Air Act
- Resources Conservation and Recovery Act
- CERCLA – Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act
- RCRA – Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- EPCRA – Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act
- FIFRA –Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
- TSCA – Toxic Substances Control Act
- U.S. Criminal Code/Title 18 statutes
- Mail Fraud
- Wire Fraud
- False Statements
- Conspiracy, etc.
- Other cases are state and local laws where EPA Criminal Enforcement played a significant role in the investigation.