EPA helps communities grow in ways that expand economic opportunity, protect public health and the environment, and create and enhance the places that people love. Through research, tools, partnerships, case studies, grants, and technical assistance, EPA is helping America's communities turn their visions of the future into reality.
- Scenario Planning and Fiscal Impact Modeling: This webinar is designed to help planners in local and regional agencies understand how scenario planning and fiscal impact modeling can reveal the fiscal implications of their development choices. March 10, 3:00-4:00 EDT.
- Congratulations to the winners of EPA's 2013 National Award for Smart Growth Achievement! This year's winners are using innovative policies and strategies in Atlanta, GA; Dubuque, IA, Metropolitan Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Sacramento, CA; The Bronx, NY; and Charles City, IA.
- Join us in a ceremony on February 5 in Washington, D.C. to recognize the winners of the 2013 National Award for Smart Growth Achievement! RSVP
- Smart Growth and Economic Success: Investing in Infill Development discusses how barriers to infill development that discourage developers are not only often surmountable, but also are beginning to diminish as infill development becomes more common.
- Long-term Planning for Sustainable Water and Wastewater Infrastructure in Wellpinit, Washington, for the Spokane Tribe of Indians discusses a project to evaluate the tribe’s water and wastewater needs, identify actions to improve the systems’ capacity for new development, and help ensure successful long-term operation of water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Smart Growth and Economic Success: The Business Case discusses how locations with housing and transportation options, a mix of uses close together, and a high quality of life can improve environmental outcomes while providing economic advantages for businesses. This report is the second in the Smart Growth and Economic Success series.
- Using Smart Growth Strategies to Create More Resilient Communities in the Washington, D.C., Region gives local governments policy options to consider when preparing for climate risks while also meeting other environmental, economic, and social goals.
- Our Built and Natural Environments: A Technical Review of the Interactions Between Land Use, Transportation, and Environmental Quality (2nd Edition) examines how development patterns affect the environment and human health and provides evidence that certain kinds of land use and transportation strategies can reduce development impacts. Read the press release.
- Get the latest news on EPA Smart Growth publications, webinars, technical assistance opportunities, and more on our Smart Growth Listserv. Want more news on smart growth? Sign up for our Twitter feed @EPASmartGrowth.
About Smart Growth
Learn about smart growth issues and environmental benefits. Find information about specific topics, resources, and examples of smart growth development, including the National Award for Smart Growth Achievement.
EPA is a Smart Growth Network partner.