Gravure Printing Partnership
What is Gravure?
Gravure is a printing process that uses intaglio or engraved metal plates or cylinders. The three main gravure segments are:
- Publishing (e.g., magazines)
- Packaging (e.g., folding cartons such as soda cases)
- Products (e.g., shower curtains and vinyl flooring).
The DfE Gravure Printing Partnership was formed to:
- Identify common environmental issues for small- and medium-size
printers in the packaging and product sectors.
- Encourage printers and product sectors to address these issues by reducing risk and preventing pollution.