National Clean Diesel Campaign (NCDC)
DERA State Program Overview
- DERA Grants
- DERA Rebates
- DERA State Funding
- DERA Projects
- Funding Sources
EPA is announcing a $5.6 million funding opportunity for the FY 2013 State Clean Diesel Program. The 50 states, the District of Columbia, the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, and Guam are eligible to participate in this allocation program.
|Notice of Intent to Continue/Participate (NOIC/NOIP) available||Wednesday, May 8, 2013|
|Deadline for States to Submit NOICs or NOIPs to EPA||Tuesday, May 21, 2013|
|Notification of Final Allocation Amounts to Regions||~ Thursday, May 23, 2013|
|States and Territories Submit Finalized Updated/New Work Plans to Regions||Friday, June 7, 2013|
|Regions Award FY 2013 State Clean Diesel Grants or Amendments||July-September 2013|
State Allocation Program FY 2013
2013 DERA For Continuing States/Territories
- Notice of Intent to Continue (Word) (2pp, 150K, May 2013, MS Word reader )
- Project Narrative Template to Update State Clean Diesel Award (Word) (14 pp, 200K, May 2013, MS Word reader )
- Project Narrative Template to Update Territory Clean Diesel Award (Word) (14 pp, 200K, May 2013, MS Word reader )
2013 DERA For New States/Territories
- Notice of Intent to Participate (Word) (2pp, 150K, May 2013, MS Word reader )
- Project Narrative Template for New Awards (Word) (14 pp, 190K, May 2013, MS Word reader )
EPA allocates DERA funds to the states for the establishment of clean diesel grant and loan programs. Using the formula outlined in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (PDF) (551 pp, 1.3MB, January 2005), the State Clean Diesel Program receives 30 percent of the annual DERA allocation.
Of the state portion of the funding, two-thirds is provided to participating states as base funding. The remaining third is allocated to states that provide matching funds with cash or in-kind services.
State and Local Toolkit
EPA has developed a toolkit for state and local governments to assist them in developing their clean diesel programs.
DERA State Allocations 2008-2012
Funding allocations to participating states through the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) or the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
Eligible Uses of Funding
States may use their allocations to fund grant and loan programs for clean diesel projects that use:
- Retrofit technologies that are verified or certified by either EPA or CARB
- Idle-reduction technologies that are EPA verified
- Aerodynamic technologies and low rolling resistance tires that are EPA verified
- Early replacement and repower with certified engine configurations (incremental costs only)
Funds cannot be used to support federal mandates.
The match must be spent on eligible and allowable costs and is subject to the match provisions in the assistance agreement. Other federal funds cannot be used as a match. Any unclaimed funds will revert to the National Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program