CAMEO Quick Links
mobile site now available
How is the mobile site different than the full site?
The mobile site includes the same data and most of the functionality on the full site, except as noted below. You must go to the full site to:
- Perform an advanced search
- Access print-friendly layouts
- Print reports
- Import/export MyChemicals
- Export the Compatibility Chart
- Access the help topics
- Browse through the lists of chemical, UN/NA, and
reactive group datasheets
How do I get to the sites?
If you go to cameochemicals.noaa.gov, the website will assess what type of device you're using. If you're using a tablet, laptop, or desktop, you'll be taken to the full site. If you're using a smartphone or other small-screen device, you'll be taken to a page where you can choose to go to the full site or the mobile site.
If you go to m.cameochemicals.noaa.gov, you will go directly to the mobile version of the site. This is true for all types of devices (computers, smartphones, etc.).
On both the mobile and full sites, there are links at the bottom of the pages to switch to the other version of the site.
Tip for iPhone and iPad Users
If you're using an iPhone or an iPad, you can create a shortcut to the site. To do this:
- Open the browser on your device, and go to the CAMEO Chemicals site. (This will work on either the full site or the mobile site.)
- Browse to the page you want to use as your shortcut; the simple search is a good choice.
- Use the Add to Home Screen feature to create a shortcut
on one of your screens.
MARPLOT's use in tornado responses detailed in blog post
NOAA's Office of Response and
Restoration Blog has a post
by Oklahoma's Tom Bergman describing how MARPLOT
has been an essential tool in recent tornado responses.
Population data from the 2010 Census is now available for use in MARPLOT
Updating Your Existing Population Data
- After the data file download is complete, exit MARPLOT.
- Browse to the location of your MARPLOT program folder
(e.g., C:\Program Files\MARPLOT).
- Double-click on the "reindex.bat" file, which will allow MARPLOT to recognize the newly-downloaded population files.
- You can then restart MARPLOT, and the new population data should be available.
New Population Data
When you download census block
population files (either with a Get Population feature or
using the Download Manager), they will automatically be the
2010 Census files.
View the Training and Events Calendar.
CAMEO News Service The CAMEO News Service is a one-way listserve which serves as a communication tool for CAMEO managers and developers to communicate important information to the CAMEO community. We anticipate regular communications, perhaps monthly, which will provide users with an up-to-date status on various aspects of the CAMEOfm/CAMEO Chemicals/MARPLOT/ALOHA software.
Do you have CAMEO-related news or an upcoming CAMEO-related event to share with us? Let us know by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For training classes, please include date, location, description, fee (if any), target audience, and contact information.