Interagency Resources and Past Initiatives
- Fact sheets in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese and Portuguese.
- Interagency Work Group Factsheet (PDF) (2 pp, 1.6MB)
- Interagency Work Group Factsheet (Español) (PDF) (2 pp, 3.9MB)
- Interagency Work Group Factsheet (中文: 简体版) (PDF) (2 pp, 3.3MB)
- Interagency Work Group Factsheet (Tiếng Việt) (PDF) (2 pp, 2.3MB)
- Interagency Work Group Factsheet (Português) (PDF) (2 pp, 3.8MB)
- Memorandum of Understanding on Environmental Justice and Executive Order 12898 (PDF) (6 pp, 42K) broadens the EJ IWG to include additional agencies and articulates additional commitments made by member agencies
- EJ IWG Charter (PDF) (4 pp, 33K)
- The Environmental Justice Federal Interagency Directory (PDF)
(52 pp, 886K) provides basic information about the role of the federal agencies contained in this publication including their organization chart and key contact information for agency program areas.
- The Community-Based Federal Environmental Justice Guide (PDF) (126 pp, 3MB) includes programs within agencies that may assist communities in reducing toxic exposures. The program may provide technical assistance, federal funding or a combination of both technical assistance and federal funding. Through this and other efforts, federal agencies are recommitting to improving the health and sustainability of communities across America.
- Summary of the IWG Public Meeting for Tribes and Indigenous Communities (16 pp, 644K), September 4, 2014, Bismark, ND
- IWG Responses to public comments received at the 2011 Alaska Forum (PDF) (33 pp, 200K)
- Protection of Sacred Sites is a compendium, by the Native American Task Force (PDF) (2pp, 257K) containing federal memorandum, policies, executive orders, guidance, and statutes on Native American sacred places and cultural properties. The compendium identifies the tools which can be used to protect these resources.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)/EJ Resource Compendium (10 pp, 158K) – a compendium created by EPA’s Office of Environmental Justice and the EJ IWG NEPA Committee that gathers publically available information from Federal Agencies on the intersection of environmental justice and NEPA into one place. A select set of key references are also available.
Past EJ IWG Initiatives
- 2000: Development of the Integrated Federal Interagency Environmental Justice Action Agenda (PDF) (47 pp, 762K), which identifies the federal initiatives and resources that were used to help an initial set of 15 environmentally and economically distressed communities.
- 2001: Evaluation of six of the 15 Action Agenda projects to determine the value of using partnerships to address environmental justice issues (See Evaluating the Use of Partnerships to Address Environmental Justice Issues).
- 2002: Publication of the Status Report on Environmental Justice Collaborative Model (PDF) (67 pp, 4.3MB), which recounts the lessons learned and successful elements of the initial 15 Action Agenda projects. These projects helped define the Environmental Justice Collaborative Problem-Solving Model now being used by EPA.
- 2003: Selection of 15 additional Revitalization Demonstration Projects (PDF) (5 pp, 125K) to showcase collaborative partnerships among federal agencies and other stakeholders in the area of community revitalization and environmental justice.