Conservation Resources and Tools
The following tools and programs can help you promote resource conservation.
- Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines (CPG): Guidelines to help businesses purchase recycled materials, including recommendations for recycled-content levels for CPG items.
- Tools for Local Government Recycling Programs: Provides tools and information for local governments and community leaders seeking to create or maintain a residential recycling program.
- Full Cost Accounting (FCA): FCA provides a common-sense approach to identifying the cost of managing solid waste operations and measures for streamlining and improving operations.
- Pay-As-You-Throw: A program where residents are charged for the collection of ordinary household trash based on the amount they throw away, which encourages recycling.
- Recycle on the Go: Encourages recycling in public places such as parks, stadiums, convention centers, airports and shopping centers.
- Recycling Measurement: A standardized methodology for measuring the effectiveness of recycling in a community.
- Materials and Waste Exchanges: Markets for buying and selling reusable and recyclable commodities.
- Product Stewardship: This website highlights the latest developments in product stewardship and provides numerous links to other sources of information.