Hazardous Waste Generated at Laboratories
Managing Laboratory Hazardous Waste Brochure (PDF) (6 pp, 257K)
Academic Laboratories Rule
EPA finalized the Academic Laboratory Rule to help improve the environmental performance of teaching and research laboratories owned by eligible academic entities that are large quantity generators (LQG), small quantity generators (SQG), or conditionally exempt small quantity generators (CESQG). For more information, see the links below.
- Training on the Academic Laboratories Rule - On May 18, 2010, EPA held a training at the Potomac Yards Conference and provided a live webcast of the training over the internet. The entire day of training was recorded and the video is now available with closed captioning.
- Academic Laboratories Rulemaking (Subpart K) - Provides information on proposed and final academic laboratories rulemakings, as well as the technical correction, and links to Federal Register Notices.
- Implementation of Academic Laboratories Rulemaking - Provides links to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), fact sheets, and other information related to implementing the Academic Laboratories Rule (Subpart K).
- Where is the Academic Labs Rule in Effect? - Provides information on which states have adopted the Academic Labs Rule and links to the states' regulations.
Laboratories Operating Under Other Regulatory Provisions
- Laboratories Operating as Satellite Accumulation Areas - Provides links to guidance memos regarding satellite accumulation areas for those laboratories NOT operating under the Academic Laboratories Rule (Subpart K).
- Previous Efforts with Academic Laboratories - Provides information on the New England Labs XL Project and Reports to Congress.