Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
GHG Reporting Program Data Sets
The Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP) collects Greenhouse Gas (GHG) data from large emitting facilities, suppliers of fossil fuels and industrial gases that result in GHG emissions when used, and facilities that inject carbon dioxide underground. Learn more about the GHGRP (PDF) (3 pp, 44K, About PDF).
Data Highlights Website and Industry Profiles: These pages summarize yearly GHGRP data nationally and by industry sector using maps, charts, and tables. Industry profiles present more detailed views of various industries that report under the program.
Facility Level Information on GreenHouse Gases Tool (FLIGHT): An interactive website with mapping features to identify GHGRP facilities by location, name, industry type, and other criteria. FLIGHT can also generate and download customized graphics (pie charts, trend lines, etc.) and facility lists.
Multi-Year Data Summary Spreadsheet (XLS): Contains the most important, high-level information for facilities, including reported GHG quantities, facility locations and industry type(s). This file can be used for many common queries.
Slightly more detailed data for the most recent reporting year, including each facility’s emissions by process and GHG, are also available here (XLS) (2.5MB).
Envirofacts: Provides all publicly available data collected by the GHGRP in a searchable, downloadable format for facilities in 32 industry types. This includes GHG data and much of the underlying data facilities use to determine GHG values and other reported data elements.
Download GHGRP Data Sets
Frequently Requested Data
EPA periodically creates additional GHGRP data sets to meet the needs of various stakeholders. Click the name of a file below to download.
Reported Parent Companies (XLS): Each facility subject to the GHGRP is required to report their highest level U.S. Parent Company(s) as part of their annual report. This file lists each facility's reported parent company(s) and percent ownership.
Power Plant Crosswalk (XLS): Many power plants subject to the GHGRP also report data to other federal data sets including the Energy Information Administration and EPA's SO2 and NOx Cap and Trade Programs. Some of these data sets include useful information like total power output that is not reported to the GHGRP. This file can be used to cross-walk EPA GHGRP Facility ID's to Facility ID's in these other data sets.
- 2012 Data Highlights Website
- 2011 Data Highlights Website
- 2010 Data Highlights Website
- Summary GHG Data 2012 (as of September 1, 2013) (XLS) (1.7M)
- Summary GHG Data 2011 (as of September 1, 2013) (XLS) (1.7M)
- Summary GHG Data 2010 (as of September 1, 2013) (XLS) (1.3M)
- Summary GHG Data 2011 (as of February 17, 2013) (XLS) (1.5M)
- Summary GHG Data 2010 (as of January 16, 2013) (XLS) (1.2M)
- Summary GHG Data 2010 (as of August 18, 2012) (XLS) (1.2M)
- Summary GHG Data 2010 (as of April 6, 2012) (XLS) (1.1M)
- 2012 Detailed Data for Additional Industry Types (XLS) (63K)
- 2011 Detailed Data for Additional Industry Types (XLS) (47K)
- 2010 Detailed Data for Additional Industry Types (XLS) (45K)