Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
Subpart W – Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s PDF page to learn more.
Owners or operators of facilities that contain petroleum and natural gas systems and emit 25,000 metric tons or more of GHGs per year (expressed as carbon dioxide equivalents) report GHG data to EPA. Owners or operators collect GHG data; calculate GHG emissions; and follow the specified procedures for quality assurance, missing data, recordkeeping, and reporting. Subpart W consists of emission sources in eight segments of the petroleum and natural gas industry.
- Basic Information - Information about emissions from the oil and natural gas industry.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Systems: 2012 Data Summary (PDF) (18 pp, 397K)
- Subpart W Reported Data - Subpart W data that has been reported.
- Rulemaking Resources - Links to Subpart W proposed and final rules and associated documents.
- Help – Informational materials for Subpart W reporters.