Request for Applications
- Send us your
Questions and comments
- Answers to your questions
- Request for Applications
[PDF, 26 pages, 98KB]
(available through GLNPO or through grants.gov)
- Subscribe to our mail list, GreatLakesNews to receive funding information via email
[pdf, 1 page, 30KB]
Request for Applications: Lake Priorities
- CLOSED - 12 Applications received
As of June 20, 2008, USEPA is evaluating the submitted proposals to determined which will be selected. USEPA expects to announce selections by early July. If you submitted an application within the deadline and it does not appear in this list, please notify us immediately by sending an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org Failure to notify us immediately of any omission will result in your project not being considered for selection.
Under this Request for Applications (PDF, 26 pages, 98KB), EPA’s Great Lakes National Program Office expects to make available approximately $700,000. Applications are requested for projects in the following areas:
Lake Michigan Priorities
- Approximately $100,000 to support Lake Michigan Forum activities, including work with ports/harbors in the nearshore and completion of the work with the four Lake Michigan states in a climate exchange program between farmers and industry.
- Approximately $25,000 to support environmental education and outreach about Lake Michigan to Lake Michigan communities, including Areas of Concern, and to teachers.
- Approximately $75,000 to support training and tool development for Lake Michigan regional planning commissions and their shoreline communities in order to promote the use of green infrastructure and low impact land use design.
Lake Superior Priorities
- Approximately $75,000 for projects related to facilitating the Lake Superior Binational Forum.
Lake Huron Priorities
- Approximately $120,000 for a project that addresses the Lake Huron priority of Managing Water Quality to Protect and Restore Biodiversity.
Total Phosphorus Loads
- Approximately $300,000 for a project to estimate loadings to lakes Michigan, Huron, Superior and Ontario of total phosphorus, total dissolved phosphorus, nitrate, and chloride.
Due Date for applications: June 10, 2008. Applications must be postmarked or received by EPA or electronically through grants.gov by midnight, CST.
Application Information: Applicants may submit proposals by either of two methods: (i) paper submission OR (ii) submission through grants.gov . Information about both methods is described in Section IV of the Request for Applications.
We encourage applicants to register with us < http://www.epa.gov/grtlakes/maillist/index.html > to keep informed about our funding process.
Posted Date: April 24, 2008