Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI)
The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative is the largest investment in the Great Lakes in two decades.
A task force of 11 federal agencies developed a plan to put the president's historic initiative into action. This action plan covers fiscal years 2010 through 2014 and addresses five urgent focus areas:
- Cleaning up toxics and areas of concern;
- Combating invasive species;
- Promoting nearshore health by protecting watersheds from polluted run-off;
- Restoring wetlands and other habitats; and
- Working with partners on outreach.
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative interagency website
- FY 2012 GLRI Request for Applications
- 2011 EPA GLRI Grants
- 2012 EPA GLRI Grants
- GLRI Action Plan FY2010-FY2014 (PDF) (41pp, 1.7MB, About PDF)
- Sign up for GreatLakesNews, an email list that will provide updates on funding information, including GLRI funding information.
- EPA Region 5 Administrator, Susan Hedman's presentation U.S. Progress Report on Great Lakes Restoration at Great Lakes Week 2012.