Green Power Partnership
"Aligning Green Power Partners with New Renewable Energy Projects" Pilot Webinar
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for "MP3 player software." Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Wednesday, November 10, 2011
1-2:30 pm (EST)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership
On Wednesday, November 10th from 1:00 2:30pm (EST), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) hosted a webinar on "Aligning Green Power Partners with New Renewable Energy Projects". The webinar provided a forum for attendees to learn about new, not-yet- built renewable energy projects that may align with their energy, environmental, and financial objectives.
The webinar featured nine short project presentations from renewable energy developers as well as a Q&A session. Developers discussed project details, business models, and participation opportunities for attendees such as green power off-take, renewable energy certificate (REC) procurement, financial investment, and equity ownership opportunities. All projects presented on the webinar met EPA's definition of eligible green power resources.
Project presentations included (listed from East to West):
- 10 megawatt (MW) wind power project in New York (Green Power Energy, LLC) (PDF) (9 pp, 703K, About PDF)
- 139 MW wind power project in Pennsylvania (EverPower Wind Holdings, Inc.) (PDF) (9 pp, 674K)
- 7 MW solar power project in Georgia (Sterling Energy Assets, Inc.) (PDF) (15 pp, 1M)
- 19 MW wind power project in Illinois (Monarch Wind Power LLC) (PDF) (11 pp, 620K)
- 36 MW wind power project in Illinois (Surity Wind, LLC) (PDF) (13 pp, 585K)
- 95 MW wind power project in Minnesota (Geronimo Wind Energy, LLC) (PDF) (7 pp, 731K)
- 47 MW wind power project in Minnesota (PlainStates Energy, LLC) (PDF) (6 pp, 550K)
- 400 MW wind power project in South Dakota (Winterhawk Energy & Development) (PDF) (9 pp, 635K)
- 3 MW biogas project in California (California Bioenergy, LLC) (PDF) (11 pp, 425K)
GPP received a total of 27 individual project proposals submitted on behalf of 22 different project developers in response to its call for projects. Due to time constraints, only the nine projects listed above were presented on the webinar. However, project details and developer contact information for all 27 submissions are available on GPP's Aligning Green Power Partners with New Renewable Energy Projects Pilot Web page.
The webinar is provided solely as an information service to Green Power Partners. A renewable energy projects inclusion in the webinar does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by EPA.
To request an audio recording of the webinar send an email to Mollie Lemon (email@example.com).