Green Power Partnership
Market Outlook and Innovations in Wind and Solar Power
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
1:00-2:00 pm (EST)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013, from 1:00 - 2:00 pm (EST), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) hosted a webinar entitled "Market Outlook and Innovations in Wind and Solar Power." The webinar surveyed the state of the renewable energy industry as a whole, with a focus on wind and solar power, including prices end-users can expect to see in the market. It also explored recent marketplace innovations in wind and solar power, including the structure, benefits, and real-world examples of today's renewable energy purchases.
Webinar attendees also learned about:
- The structure and advantages of a "virtual" Power Purchase Agreement model
- The impact of natural gas prices on the renewable energy market
- Examples of innovative wind and solar power strategies for commercial and industrial end-users
The webinar featured a presentation from Blake Nixon and Charlie Daum of Geronimo Energy, a utility-scale renewable energy developer based in Minnesota.
- Blaine Collison, Program Director, U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership
Presentation (PDF) (11 pp, 3 MB, About PDF)
- Blake Nixon, President, Geronimo Energy
Presentation (PDF) (20 pp, 1 MB)
- Charlie Daum, Director of Business Development, Geronimo Energy
To request an audio recording of the webinar, send an email to Mollie Lemon (firstname.lastname@example.org).