Green Power Partnership
Gaining a Green Marketing Advantage: Data-Driven Insights into Today's Green Consumer
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
1:00-2:00 pm (EST)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership
On Wednesday, January 15, 2014, from 1:00 - 2:00 pm (EST), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) hosted a webinar entitled "Gaining a Green Marketing Advantage: Data-Driven Insights into Today's Green Consumer." By understanding what today's green consumers and potential employees care about and how they engage in sustainability decision-making, organizations can influence brand perception, impact sales and attract and retain top talent. Retail companies, green power suppliers and utilities, and any organization looking to reach environmentally-oriented consumers benefited from this webinar.
The webinar featured Suzanne Shelton, President & CEO of Shelton Group, a leading national marketing communications firm entirely focused in the energy and environment sectors. The company polls Americans on an ongoing basis to understand their drivers and obstacles to making more sustainable choices, and then uses those insights to help organizations define and leverage their sustainability or energy efficiency stories to gain a market advantage. Suzanne Shelton is a regular presenter at the Renewable Energy Markets conference - she's a dynamic and insightful speaker.
Webinar participants also learned:
- The steps involved in creating attitude and behavior change among today's consumers, including how to move people from automatic behaviors to conscious choices.
- Which consumers to focus marketing efforts on and why.
- Examples of how companies and organizations have combined their marketing efforts to make a bigger impact.
- Blaine Collison, Program Director, U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership
- Suzanne Shelton, President & CEO, Shelton Group
To request a recording of this webinar, please contact GPP.