Green Power Partnership
Aligning Green Power Partners with New Renewable Energy Projects
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
1-2:30 pm (EDT)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership
On Tuesday, July 17 from 1:00 - 2:30pm (EST), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) hosted a webinar on “Aligning Green Power Partners with New Renewable Energy Projects”. The webinar provided a forum for attendees to learn about new, not-yet-built renewable energy projects that may align with their energy, environmental, and financial objectives.
The webinar featured seven short project presentations from renewable energy developers as well as a Q&A session. Developers discussed project details, business models, and participation opportunities for attendees such as green power off-take, renewable energy certificate (REC) procurement, financial investment, and equity ownership opportunities. All projects presented on the webinar met EPA's definition of eligible green power resources.
Project presentations included:
- Akuo Energy USA, Inc’s Sugar Creek Wind Project (PDF) (13pp., 1.2M, About PDF)
- BENA Power Producers, LLC’s Bakersfield, CA Landfill Gas Project (PDF) (5pp., 642K)
- LEEDCo's Icebreaker Wind Project (PDF) (8pp., 7.5M)
- Future Generation Wind, LLC’s Wind Project (PDF) (7pp., 639K)
- Geronimo Wind Energy, LLC’s Wood Violet Wind Farm (PDF) (10pp., 12M)
- Iberdrola Renewables LLC’s Midland Wind Farm (PDF) (15pp., 4M)
- Sterling Energy Asset’s Plant Carl Biomass Project (PDF) (5pp., 1M)
GPP received a total of 22 individual project proposals submitted on behalf of 15 different project developers in response to its call for projects. Due to time constraints, only the seven projects listed above were presented on the webinar. However, project details and developer contact information for all 22 submissions are available on GPP's Aligning Green Power Partners with New Renewable Energy Projects Pilot Web page.
The webinar is provided solely as an information service to Green Power Partners. A renewable energy projects inclusion in the webinar does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by EPA.
To request an audio recording of the webinar send an email to Mollie Lemon (email@example.com).