Green Power Partnership
The Solar Roadmap: Navigating the Evolving Solar Energy Market
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
1:00-2:00 pm (EDT)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership and State & Local Climate and Energy Program
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013, from 1:00 - 2:00 pm (EDT), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) and State & Local Climate and Energy Branch hosted a webinar entitled "The Solar Roadmap: Navigating the Evolving Solar Energy Market." Navigating the rapidly evolving solar energy market can be a challenge and charting the right course for a community requires both local and national knowledge. The Solar Roadmap platform, and its free resources, organize global best practices and make them easily accessible locally for government agencies, regional organizations, businesses and electric utilities. Through a tailored Solar Roadmap, interested communities can join others from across the country that are transforming their regional environments and economies with clean energy solutions. This webinar reviewed success stories and opportunities for local and state governments to make significant progress toward their environmental and renewable energy goals using the Solar Roadmap platform.
Webinar participants learned about:
- The vision, experiences, and approach to using this unique tool and set of resources with a brief demo and case study.
- Available Solar Roadmap resources including guidance on permitting and inspection, planning and zoning, interconnection, financing tools and market development.
- How solar power can boost local job creation, lower electricity costs, and attract local investments.
- Blaine Collison, Program Director, EPA's Green Power Partnership
Presentation (PDF) (10 pp, 2MB, About PDF)
- Emma Zinsmeister, EPA's State & Local Climate & Energy Program
Presentation (PDF) (10 pp, 1MB)
- Ben Foster, Senior Vice President, Optony Inc.
Presentation (PDF) (20 pp, 2MB)
To request an audio recording of the webinar, send an email to Mollie Lemon (firstname.lastname@example.org).