Green Power Partnership
EPA Green Power Communities
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for "MP3 player software." Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
1 - 2 p.m. (Eastern Time)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) Green Power Partnership and Local Climate and Energy Program hosted a free Webinar on its Green Power Community initiative. Green Power Communities are cities, towns, and villages in which the local government, businesses, and residents collectively buy green power in amounts that meet or exceed EPA's purchasing requirements.
During this Webinar, participants learned about:
- How to become an EPA Green Power Community
- Available EPA communications and technical support
- The roles of the local government, utilities, EPA, and non-profit organizations in initiating a Green Power Community program
- Examples of successful community outreach campaigns and how they have inspired community support for green power
- Andrea Denny, U.S. EPA, U.S. EPA State and Local Climate and Energy Program Resources for Green Power Communities
Podcast (MP3) (6:30, 2MB) | Presentation (PDF) (8 pp, 342K, About PDF)
- Anthony Amato, ERG, contract firm to U.S. EPA, Green Power Communities: An EPA-designed platform to promote community-based support for renewable energy
Podcast (MP3) (15:48, 3.6MB) | Presentation (PDF) (19 pp, 1MB)
- Susan Millhauser, Sustainability Coordinator, City of Lake Oswego, Oregon, Green Power Community: City of Lake Oswego, Oregon
Podcast (MP3) (9:11, 2.6MB) | Presentation (PDF)(9 pp, 1.2MB)
- Thor Hinckley, Renewables Program Manager, Portland General Electric, PGE Renewable Power: Working with Oregonians to Create Green Power Communities
Podcast (MP3) (9:11, 2.6MB) | Presentation (PDF) (13 pp, 540K)
- Questions and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (7:40, 2MB)
- Transcript of the Green Power Communities Webinar (PDF) (17 pp, 65K)