Green Power Partnership
Procuring Green Power Through Reverse Energy Auctions
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for "MP3 player software." Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
1-2:15 (Eastern Time)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP)
Topic: Procuring Green Power Through Reverse Energy Auctions
This webinar featured information on procuring green power through reverse energy auctions. In an online reverse energy auction, energy suppliers compete against each other in real time, increasing competition and driving down prices. Many organizations have used reverse auctions not only to lower energy prices, but also to add green power to their electricity mix. In addition to being used to procure energy in competitive markets, reverse auctions can be used to procure renewable energy certificates and carbon offsets.
During this Webinar, participants learned about:
- How an online reverse energy auctions works
- The potential cost savings benefits of reverse energy auctions
- How an auction can help an organization to procure green power
- Two organizations' experiences with reverse energy auctions
- Blaine Collison, U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership, Webinar Agenda & Logistics
Podcast (MP3) (8:05, 1.9MB) | Presentation (PDF) (8 pp, 149K, About PDF)
- Daniel Joyce, Vice President of Sales, World Energy, Inc.
Podcast (MP3) (25:56, 6MB) | Presentation (PDF) (13 pp, 586K)
- Lisa Madsen, Director of Sustainability & Philanthropy, United Natural Foods, Inc.
Podcast (MP3) (8:52, 2MB) | Presentation (PDF) (10 pp, 321K)
- Brian Magden, Energy Program Coordinator, U.S. General Services Administration
Podcast (MP3) (10:04, 2.3MB) | Presentation (PDF) (5 pp, 88K)
- Questions and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (20:37, 5MB)
- Transcript (PDF) (26 pp, 86K) of the Procuring Green Power Through Reverse Energy Auctions Webinar.