Green Power Partnership
Green Power Purchasing Aggregations
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for "MP3 player software." Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
1 - 2 p.m. (Eastern Time)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) Green Power Partnership (GPP)
The free Webinar discussed aggregating demand for green power. Through the aggregation of power purchases, buying groups are able to purchase electricity and green power at reduced rates by lowering transaction costs and leveraging their purchasing power. Aggregations can take several forms, such as aggregating purchases with other local governments and/or businesses or through a community choice model.
During this Webinar, participants learned:
- The steps necessary to form a successful purchasing group
- The ideal characteristics of a successful aggregator
- The benefits of purchasing aggregations
- Strategies for incorporating green power into the group's purchase
- Potential hurdles and roadblocks
Click on the links below to access the presentation slides and Webinar recording:
- Blaine Collison, U.S. EPA, Green Power Purchasing Aggregations: A Joint Strategy for Success
Podcast (MP3) (12:50, 4MB) | Presentation (PDF) (14 pp, 292K, About PDF)
- James Sloss, Western Pennsylvania Energy Consortium, City of Pittsburgh's Energy Purchasing Initiatives
Podcast (MP3) (13:03, 4MB) | Presentation (PDF) (9 pp, 370K)
- Steven Rumpler, Boston Buying Power , Boston Buying Power
Podcast (MP3) (17:03, 4.3MB) | Presentation (PDF) (11 pp, 359K)
- Questions and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (17:03, 4MB) | Transcript (PDF) (9 pp, 40K)