Green Power Partnership
ACCO Webcast: EPA's Green Power Partnership Program
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for "MP3 player software." Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Case Studies from Industry and Municipalities on Leveraging Green Power in Support of Climate Change Strategies
On October 15, 2009, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership and the Association of Climate Change Officers hosted a free webinar about how organizations and municipalities are procuring green power and using the Green Power Partnership program as key components of their climate change strategies. With case studies from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, ING and the cities of Grand Rapids and Boston, the topics discussed included the challenges, opportunities and best practices for leveraging a green power purchase and this key EPA climate partnership program.
Participants presented on:
- Key strategies for incorporating renewable energy into climate action plans
- Why clean energy is a powerful tool for organizations trying to reduce their carbon footprint
- How leading organizations are using the climate challenge to support clean power
- Blaine Collison, Director, U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership
Podcast (MP3) (20:00, 5.7MB) | Presentation (PDF) (8 pp, 357K, About PDF)
- Dawn Murray, Manager, Corporate Real Estate, ING
Podcast (MP3) (19:25, 5MB) | Presentation (PDF) (9 pp, 917K)
- Cheri Chastain, Sustainability Coordinator, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Podcast (MP3) (20:04, 6MB) | Presentation (PDF) (7 pp, 2MB)
- Haris Alibasic, Sustainability Director, City of Grand Rapids, Michigan
Podcast (MP3) (20:12, 6MB) | Presentation (PDF) (14 pp, 1MB)
- Jacob Glickel, Environmental Assistant, City of Boston, Massachusetts
Podcast (MP3) (17:30, 5MB) | Presentation (PDF) (11 pp, 647K)
- Question and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (9:19, 2.7MB)