Green Power Partnership
EPA Green Power Partnership Webinar
EPA hosted a webinar on October 23 to answer basic questions about how green power retailers can retire allowances through the voluntary renewable energy set-aside (VRE) in many of states participating in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), and the importance of doing so for the green power market. State RGGI Administrators, Tracking System Representatives with APX, EPA officials, and representatives from the Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) provided information and answered questions. Speakers addressed:
- The eligibility criteria for retiring allowances
- The roles of Partners, providers, and regulators
- How and who must apply, and on what time schedule
- Where to go for more information
Click on the links below to access the power points and supporting materials presented during the webinar:
- Introductory Remarks (PDF) (7 pp., 193KB, About PDF), Matt Clouse, U.S. EPA
- Overview of State Rules (PDF) (15 pp., 191KB), Ed Holt, Ed Holt & Associates, Inc.
- Voluntary Renewable Energy Table: State-Specific VRE Information (PDF) (24 pp., 235KB), Ed Holt & Associates, Inc.
- Tracking System Role and Capabilities (PDF) (6 pp., 578KB), Lars Kvale, APX
- Third-Party Certification Perspective (PDF) (9 pp., 211KB), Alex Pennock, Center for Resource Solutions (CRS)
For more information about RGGI, please visit http://www.rggi.org/.
If you have further questions about the webinar or posted materials, please email Alyssa Kagel at firstname.lastname@example.org (EPA Contractor).