Green Power Partnership
Steps to Becoming a Partner
Becoming a Green Power Partner is easy!
Organizations can partner with EPA at either a facility or at an organization-wide (U.S. operations only) level. The following is a summary of the basic steps to become a Partner:
- Assess the amount of your annual electricity use (kilowatt-hours) for your facility or a logical aggregation of facilities, up to an organization-wide (U.S. operations only) level.
- Determine the percentage use requirement your organization must meet to qualify as a Green Power Partner. Contact EPA with questions.
- Work with EPA on identifying products that meet your organization's objectives and goals. Make a purchase or install green power on-site in an amount that meets or exceeds EPA's green power use requirements.
- Download, complete, and email or fax EPA your Partnership Agreement. Please note, in response to the automated message that appears upon opening the Partnership Agreement in MS Excel, you will need to enable macros (the macro contained in the file is safe and has been third-party verified).
- Communicate the benefits of your actions. EPA offers support and guidance to help you effectively communicate to stakeholders and other interested parties the importance of your green power use and status as a Green Power Partner.
For additional information on EPA's usage requirements, eligible resources, eligible products, and other requirements, please consult the Partnership Requirements (PDF) (19 pp, 520K) document.
Upon receipt of your organization's Partnership Agreement, you will receive a welcome kit by e-mail from your assigned account manager. It can take up to 7-10 days for your purchase information to be processed and confirmed. New Partners are typically listed on EPA's website within a month of submitting their Partnership Agreement. EPA is available to assist you in communicating the environmental benefits of your green power use.