Healthy Heart Toolkit
Help increase awareness that air pollution can trigger heart attacks, strokes and worsen heart conditions by using these resources. Here’s what you can do:
- Link to the Healthy Heart website
- Link to the PSA and share with others
- Include an article in your newsletter or educational materials for the public
- Share information with your twitter followers
- Use the graphic on your educational materials
- Air pollution can affect heart health and can trigger heart attacks and strokes that cause disability and death.
- One in three Americans has cardiovascular disease and is at higher risk from exposure to air pollution.
- People with heart disease can use the Air Quality Index to help reduce their exposure to air pollution and protect their heart.
- A top priority of EPA is to improve air quality. EPA scientists and partners conduct research to better understand air pollution’s impacts on heart health.
News Article and News Release
- Download Graphic Identifier (104K, JPG)
Tweets to share:
- Don’t let air pollution “break” your heart! Be #healthyheart smart + learn ways 2 reduce health risks http://go.usa.gov/B24w
- Feb is Heart Month! Be smart & protect your heart from air pollution #healthyheart http://ow.ly/t7Awz
- Did you know air pollution can trigger heart attacks & make heart conditions worse? #healthyheart http://go.usa.gov/B24w
- Local air pollution can affect your heart-Use the Air Quality Index #AQI + be #healthyheart smart http://go.usa.gov/B2Tk
- Know someone w/ heart disease? The Air Quality Index #AQI is a tool they can use to be #healthyheart smart http://go.usa.gov/B2Tk
- EPA researchers study how air pollution impacts the heart. Learn about their #healthyheart discoveries http://go.usa.gov/B2TG