Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Call for 2014 LMOP Partner/Project of the Year Awards
Previous Award Winners
The nomination period is closed. To be eligible for consideration, nominations must have been received by EPA LMOP before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on October 10, 2014.
Through the 2014 LMOP Partner/Project of the Year Awards, LMOP will recognize select Partners for excellence in innovation and creativity, success in promoting project development, and achievement of environmental and economic benefits through successful landfill gas (LFG) energy projects. All applicants will be considered for each of the following categories:
- Project of the Year
- Industry Partner
- Energy Partner
- State Partner
- Community Partner
Evaluation, compliance screening and selection are expected to take approximately three to four months. All applicants will be notified by email of their selection status. Information about eligibility, selection criteria and the judging process is provided below for reference purposes.
The following criteria must be met for an application to be eligible:
- Nominees and key project partners must be current LMOP Partners at the time of application submission.
- The project(s) must have become operational between September 3, 2013, and September 4, 2014.
Applications will be evaluated based on responses to each of three equally weighted factors:
- Innovation and creativity - Discuss if this type of project has been done before, if the project involved a unique project structure or partnership, or if the project was conducted voluntarily. In addition, describe whether innovative technologies were used and if any unique strategies were used for overcoming barriers. Applicants should also highlight if the project is in addition to an existing project at the same landfill.
- Success in promoting LFG energy projects locally, nationally or globally - Describe community involvement efforts; groundbreaking/ribbon-cutting ceremonies; green power, media, or public education/awareness campaigns; press releases; and corporate sustainability goals.
- Environmental and economic benefits achieved - Quantify the greenhouse gas and other environmental benefits and cost-effectiveness of the project.
Application submissions will initially be screened for completeness before judging. Only complete applications will be reviewed by a panel of EPA staff. The panel will rank the applicants according to how well each of the three selection criteria are addressed. Top-scoring applicants and their key project partners will then undergo compliance screening to ensure award eligibility prior to any awards being made.