Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Duke Energy High Btu LFG Energy Project
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- End User(s):
- Duke Energy Generation Services
- Rumpke Sanitary Landfill, Inc.
- Landfill Size:
- 36 million tons waste-in-place (2005)
- Project Type:
- High Btu
- Project Size:
- 10,417 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 27,700 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 24,800 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 302,100 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 35,400 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0354 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Duke Energy Generation Services, Montauk Energy Capital, Xebec Adsorption Inc.
- Last Updated: