Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
DuPont - Mississippi LFG Energy Boiler Project
- Pass Christian, Mississippi
- End User(s):
- EI DuPont de Nemours & Company
- Pecan Grove Sanitary Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 4.01 million tons waste-in-place (2001)
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 2,700 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Saves the facility more than $1 million annually
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 7,200 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 6,400 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 78,300 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 9,200 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0092 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- CPL Systems Inc., Toro Energy, Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: