Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
General Motors-Louisiana LFG Energy Boiler Project
- Keithville, Louisiana
- End User(s):
- General Motors Corporation
- Auto manufacturing
- Woolworth Road Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 1.19 million tons waste-in-place
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 2,500 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 6,600 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 6,000 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 72,500 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 8,500 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0085 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- General Motors Corporation, Renovar Energy Corp., Republic Services, Inc.
- Last Updated: