Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
General Motors Toledo, OH Plant
- Erie, Michigan
- End User(s):
- General Motors Corporation
- Auto manufacturing
- Vienna Junction Industrial Park Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 1 million tons waste-in-place (1998)
- Project Type:
- Direct Thermal
- Project Size:
- 600 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 1,600 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 1,400 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 17,400 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 2,000 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0020 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Fortistar Methane Group, General Motors Corporation, Republic Services, Inc.
- Last Updated: