Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Henderson County LFG Energy Boiler Project
- Hendersonville, North Carolina
- End User(s):
- Food products
- Henderson County Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 2.1 million tons waste-in-place (1998)
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 569 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 14,400 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 12,900 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 156,700 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 1,900 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0184 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Enerdyne Power Systems, Inc.
- Last Updated: