Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Monroeville Landfill High Btu Project
- Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- End User(s):
- Equitable Gas Company
- Monroeville Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 4.69 million tons waste-in-place (2006)
- Project Type:
- High Btu
- Project Size:
- 1,722 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 4,600 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 4,100 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 49,900 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 5,900 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0059 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Beacon Generating LLC, Magellan EnviroGas Partners, LLC, Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: