Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Stoeffer's LFG Energy Boiler Project
- Solon, Ohio
- End User(s):
- Stoeffer's Foods
- Food products
- Cuyahoga Regional Sanitary Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 10 million tons waste-in-place (1999)
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 1,200 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 3,200 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 2,900 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 34,800 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 4,100 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0041 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Shaw Environmental, Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: