Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Tropicana LFG Energy Boiler Project
- Fort Pierce, Florida
- End User(s):
- Food products
- Saint Lucie County Landfill Phase I
- Landfill Size:
- 4.3 million tons waste-in-place (2005)
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 700 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 1,900 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 1,700 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 20,300 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 2,400 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0024 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- CPL Systems Inc., PepsiCo, Inc.
- Last Updated: